Commitment to Privacy
We are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy as a visitor to our site. We take the issue of privacy very seriously and value the trust you place in us each time you access our site. This Privacy Statement describes our practices and policies with respect to personal information that may be gathered and used as you visit our site.
What Information Do We Collect?
Automatic Collection of Information:
While you are visiting our site, our system automatically gathers and stores aggregated visitor data that we use to help us evaluate and improve our site. We do not collect information that identifies you personally.
IMA Collected Information:
The international organization of the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA, www.imanet.org) may collect personal information that you provide including your name, mailing address, email address, member number, certification status, and other membership related information. The IMA may from time to time share this information with the IMA Pacific Northwest Council, if you have chosen to be affiliated with a chapter in our council.
Collection of Volunteered Information:
At different places on our site depending upon the feature you use, you may be asked to volunteer personal information such as your name and email address. The following information may be collected with your permission:
- The names and email addresses of those who subscribe to our newsletter
- The names and email addresses of those who use a survey, feedback or RSVP form
- The names and email addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail
Purchase Related Information:
With Whom Will the Information Be Shared?
- The personally identifiable information gathered during your visit to this site may be shared with the international organization of the IMA.
- We do not rent, sell, exchange or in any other way provide personally identifiable information to any other third-party organizations, except as required by law.
- Tracking your Amazon.com completed purchases, per Amazon’s requirements. These cookies will identify you to Amazon and make it possible for you to make purchases via Amazon.com.
Registration for Access
- Visitors can use most of this site anonymously, without registration.
- To purchase an item via Amazon.com, you must register for access with Amazon.com.
Security of Communications
The privacy and protection of information transmitted over the Internet is a serious concern. You should keep in mind that the possibility exists for unauthorized individuals to intercept any message you send over the Internet. Additionally, please be advised that many organizations monitor employee email.
- We may use email to communicate with you. The possibility exists that unauthorized individuals may intercept such email messages.
- We are not responsible for the privacy of email messages.
- We have taken reasonable steps to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of personally identifiable information that you may provide.
E-Commerce, On-line Donations, and Online Shopping
Links to Other Sites
We may from time to time change the type of information that we collect and use. At such time, we will update this policy to reflect the changes.
Site Contact Information